[Klug-general] Bash / Curl Tuition - Answers to Nathan's questions 16:32pm 15/04/2011

Dan Attwood danattwood at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 16:15:04 UTC 2011

>1.1 - This is also an exercise in learning to code everyday, so i have to
write the scripts myself vs. using premade apps.

I'd forget bash then unless you really want to get into linux sysadmin.
Python, PHP, Java or Ruby will all be a lot more flexible for when you want
to progress. As you have a wordpress site PHP is probably the best bet.

>I want to be able to write code that uses Curl to crawl and identify
metadata and scrape the tags for inspection. So say i >want to use SEO on my
website, i can run the script and it will tell me where the holes are in my
SEO.

IMHO you'd be better of using the Google webmaster tools. it will save a lot
of muckying around a, reinventing the wheel and give you the best course of
action as suggested by the biggest search engine.

Also please stop changing the subject line. Just hit reply as you're causing
a lot of new threads which breaks the thread.  Also members on the list not
interested into thread will have already muted it or have a rule to dump it.
changing the subject will keep it popping up again which will only anger.