[Klug-general] Hard Drives

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 10:09:55 UTC 2011

I recently got two 500g sata disks. One for my /home
the other to sit in another box and contain an rsync copy of documents music
and pictures.

Reasonable price from ebuyer.

On Apr 17, 2011 10:40 AM, "Peter Childs" <pchilds at bcs.org> wrote:

My Linux Hard Disk has just failed..... Groan, not very much data
except OS on it so that will be easy to sort out...... (Looks like its
the Disk Controller thats failed not the disk as it works when it
feels like it) Its a SATA.....

Now need to get a new one, Whats the best way to go.

Speed Vs Size Vs Cost Vs Reliability....

meaning

SATA Vs PATA Vs USB Vs NAS

Also need to upgrade that machine upstairs running Myth on a 40Gig
Disk which only takes PATA (Not SATA)

Any suggestions which way to go?

Peter.