[Klug-general] Hard Drives

James Blake jimmyblake at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 11:53:32 UTC 2011

Hi James / Peter

Back when SATA first came on the scene in about 2003/2004 this was true.  SATA originally had a 150 Mbps cap which, when compared with an absolute max of 133 Mbps with PATA, wasn't that much of an improvement.  Gradual improvements to SATA, and then SATA II while PATA has stood still now means they're worlds apart.

James