[Klug-general] Samba....

nic dan dungeons88 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 18:45:32 UTC 2011

Try Slampp....its a liveCD server OS with Samba built-in, and is really easy to use/administer,...... even by windows users

.....else a linux of your choice plus apache tomcat, or http fileserver, maybe....?

http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi

http://httpfileserver.sourceforge.net/

You didn't specify hardware, so I didn't suggest a virtual server setup.....but

http://www.petri.co.il/virtual_install_vmware_server.htm

if considering large drives see also

http://communities.vmware.com/message/662212

WINS is 'old tech' [in relation to DNS,] using netbios

http://64.4.11.252/en-us/library/cc816610%28WS.10%29.aspx

Aitch