[Klug-general] Samba....

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Tue Apr 26 19:44:19 UTC 2011

On 26 April 2011 19:36, nic dan <dungeons88 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Try Slampp....its a liveCD server OS with Samba built-in, and is really easy
> to use/administer,...... even by windows users
>
> .....else a linux of your choice plus apache tomcat, or http fileserver,
> maybe....?
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi
>
> http://httpfileserver.sourceforge.net/

How does this solve the main one of my problems, ie provide a File
Server to a load of Windows Users,

I'm quite happy to believe that webdav can solve the root problem, but
as yet I've not yet met any clients that can talk webdav properly....

mount -t webdav http://server/path /media/mountpoint

maybe then I could just run a ftp server and do a

mount -t ftp ftp://server/path /media/mountpoint

as for doing it in windows.... I can't even map all my hard drives to
drive letters!

anyone?

Peter