[Klug-general] How to solve a noisy computer

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Fri Dec 2 18:22:57 UTC 2011

On 7 November 2011 15:08, Peter Childs <pchilds at bcs.org> wrote:

> Update......
>
> Replace PSU with a new one with a 13.5cm fan,  Much quieter, lower noise
> its not silent, but a great deal better than it was......
>
> I'll fit the PAXMate later and see if it makes any further improvement.
>
> Might also try turning the case fans down and see if its quieter too (with
> out getting any hotter)

After a Processor Failure, and having to get a new Processor/Motherboard
got a Arctic Cooler 13 Processor Fan and its now practically silent.

Truth is that if you want a quiet machine its worth spening an extra £25 on
from day one and not trying to retro fit it.

I'm not blaming the processor failure on the new PSU plus Paxmate but it
could be the that the noisy fan was also faulty....

Peter.