[Klug-general] Sources of IDE DVD buirners

Alex Layfield alex.layfield at sky.com
Thu Dec 22 08:58:27 UTC 2011

U could always opt for an external usb?

Bit more versatile then?

/A

-----Original Message-----
From: sharon kimble <boudiccas at talktalk.net>
Sender: kent-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 00:54:07
To: Kent Linux User Group - General Topics<kent at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Subject: [Klug-general] Sources of IDE DVD buirners

It seems that my dvd burner has given up the ghost and refuses to load blank
dvd's for burning into it, even when level and stable. And therefore it needs
to be replaced, but where from please? I've looked at the web page of micro
direct, and on amazon but am unable to find an IDE drive at a reasonable price.
I cant use SATA or PATA drives as its not a very modern computer, more like
about 5-6 years old if not older, I should think.  Can anyone suggest further
suppliers please of IDE drives, I think thats what they're called?

Thanks
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 6,0.3, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.4.4