[Klug-general] Sources of IDE DVD buirners

sharon kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Thu Dec 22 04:42:07 UTC 2011

On Thursday 22 December 2011 04:03:27 nic dan wrote:
> Sharon
>
> PATA is the same as IDE, and simply means parallel interface
>
> http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/ATA.html
>
> The physical size is as important as the interface
> Most desktops use a standard 5.25" drive - get one pretty much anywhere,
> e.g
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001GT9B68/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p
> =103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-
stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004GWVB0G&pf_rd_m=A3
> P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1PXKY095QC3BDXBAAPCH

Thanks for this, I'd spent nearly an hour poring over amazons offerings and
rejecting the PATA drives, I thought it was like a variant of SATA! But I've
ordered this drive from them so it should be with me after Christmas, and then
I can start the big burn up of all my long awaited jobs to complete :)

Thanks again
Sharon.

--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 6,0.3, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.4.4