[Klug-general] Canonical launch list of Ubuntu-compatible PC components

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 11:09:20 UTC 2011

In short Canonical have released a web site listing supported hardware. I
think this is good, as such databases (to my knowledge) have fallen
into disrepair or are just outdated. Part of this is due to the wonder of
hardware in most cases "just working" but I like the idea of being able to
go to a one stop shop to make sure that if I'm spending money on hardware,
it's expected to work.

Canonical Press Statement thing:
http://www.canonical.com/content/canonical-releases-world%E2%80%99s-most-comprehensive-date-component-catalog-linux
<http://www.canonical.com/content/canonical-releases-world%E2%80%99s-most-comprehensive-date-component-catalog-linux>
The Component list is here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/catalog

Ubuntu Certified Hardware (Laptops & complete systems):
http://www.ubuntu.com/certification