[Klug-general] Kent Digest, Vol 308, Issue 1

Gavin Coles gavin at indie-it.com
Wed Jan 19 09:07:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm testing Natty in VirtualBox4 and have experienced a few problems, first was no 3D graphics support and a reinstallation of VirtualBox Tools cured this. The second problem which I have yet to cure is after logging in is none of the applets load and generate error messages, reloading them cures the problem.  Once again this may be a VirtualBox problem.

As for the new Unity desktop environment I am undecided, it is different but that is not necessarily a bad thing.  The bigger change I think will be the move from X to Wayland.

Regards,

Gavin Coles