[Klug-general] Is anyone using Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) yet?

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 16:02:32 UTC 2011

One of the persistent criticisms of the ubuntu project in general is
that it has not been a good player in terms of being a contributor
upstream.  I've seem refutations of this - but this appears to be a case
in point.  No doubt there will be more denials.  Is happens to be true
that collaborating with others is generally not the fastest or most
efficient way of getting exactly what you want.  So if you are the sort
of person (or organisation) that knows your believe you know what you
want then doing your own thing will naturally be preferable to you. That
such an approach is more akin to dictatorship than 'ubuntu' is, perhaps,
unfortunate.