[Klug-general] Vaio VGN-FE21M

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Tue Jul 12 13:23:33 UTC 2011

On 12 July 2011 13:24, Paul Littlefield <info at paully.co.uk> wrote:

> On 12/07/11 13:20, Peter Childs wrote:
>
>> Try a lump of blue tack and a bit of tape.
>>

> I love the way people deal with stuff!
>
> :-)

Logic, If you need to keep the mute button pressed in to keep sound coming
out its most likly to be a hardware issue that is not connected to the OS or
even Processor Interrupts etc.

The mute button is often a switch on the cable leading to the speakers. so
no amount of messing around with the drivers is likely to fix it.

If you need to keep it down to get it to work its likly to be hardware, as
button on PCs are usually events not switches. Even the caps lock key is a
press button not an on/off switch.

Hear end my logic lesson.

Peter.