[Klug-general] low RAM

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Wed Mar 2 21:05:35 UTC 2011

On 2 March 2011 17:50, Rene Brehmer <rbwalks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Dan
>
> the attachment shows the the folders.
>
> tried to write the backup command in different way's but didn't work I
> took a few screenshots one is the terminal showing the commands I used
> and the rest shows the GNU nano when using
>
> "sudo nano /etc/x11/xorg.conf"   (opened blank)

Yes its quite "normal" these days for xorg.conf not to exist. xorg detects
what hardware you have and uses sensible defaults. Infact on some hardware
it will even change resolution for different users....

Its only if you are using "older", unusual hardware or if you want
something particular that you start needing the config file to help it.

Peter.