[Klug-general] Recent posts to KLUG

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Tue Mar 8 09:19:25 UTC 2011

On 8 March 2011 08:55, Dan Attwood <danattwood at gmail.com> wrote:

>> My proposition is thus: We have a series of monthly meetings for a local
>> areas, then the roaming KLUG, a great idea, will continue hopping between
>> what, with regularity, should become assured venues. Community driven items
>> being at both levels, whilst reserving guest talks, special visits, and the
>> like for the roaming meetings.
>>
>> I'm not sure how that would help. We complain about people not stepping
> forward with venues, talks and general help and you propose a whole heap of
> extra meetings. Why would the local ones be any different?

I never really suggested more meets but suggested that if people wanted
social local meets then they could organise them but not to count it
unsuccessful if only 2 or 3 turned up and had a pint in the local pub. If
more turn up then fine, Anyway pub meets fall over if there is much more
than a few anyway....

Basically don't go out of your way to go and don't be surprised if its
cancelled at very short notice.....

Peter.