[Klug-general] Kent Digest, Vol 315, Issue 11

Reece Fowell reece at codeconsortium.com
Wed Mar 9 19:10:21 UTC 2011

>> Those all sound like good ideas Karl
>>
>> How about talk on Agile/Scrum? Or general development techniques
>> Also we've skirted on it a few times but a proper talk of SVN/ GIT or
>> similar would be good.
>>
>> I can't deliver either of these talks I'm afraid just very keen to learn
>> more

I am interested in Agile/Scrum/Crystal if anyone knows anything about it
and is planning on making a talk about it, i am keen to learn more from
those with first hand experience.

> I'd like to see a GIT demo. Do we have anyone with any experience?
>> Inspired by this, I wonder if anyone would be able to do a talk on GIT (I
>> mean the version control system, not any number of polititions that answer
>> to that name :p ).

Am also interested in GIT, i use it but i barely scratched the surface of what it
can do, would be very eager to learn more about how it works, how to use it
to its full potential, nifty tricks and tips etc.

> LDAP and Active Server integration with cryptography and public key
> authentication across multiple platforms would be something I'm
> interested in.
>
> I think LDAP in general would be a good subject for talk

This could be interesting, its not really important to me but if people are already
going to meet up for LDAP discussion, then i wouldn't mind tagging along if people
already interesting, though don't count me in if theres too few to bother because
its not massively important for me.

>> I think LDAP in general would be a good subject for talk
>>
>> Perhaps the authentication and public key stuff could become a part two?

> Yes but TLS would probably be done alongside LDAP.
>
> I am definitely interested in the problems and solutions encountered (if
> any) by bringing Windows XP/Vista/7 into the mix

If LDAP discussion does go ahead, then sure, whatever i am more than happy to tag
along and learn some new stuff.

Reece.