[Klug-general] Medway Social

Luc Tidy luc.tidy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 18:31:49 UTC 2011

Peter et al.

As per my discussion in regards to UMSA over at the Chatham Maritime
campus I can certainly look into arranging an area of the University
pub, Coopers, where we could meet up.

As for a time, how about we go for the second week of every month, this
should avoid issues and mean we don't get two weeks in a row between the
Medway social and the KLUG meet. I'm tempted to say a Saturday evening
for the meets, though if people would prefer I can certainly arrange for
a weeknight. Due to needing two weeks notice for bookings I can
certainly get this arranged for, at the earliest, next month.

On the wider side of socials and goings on, having discussed this
briefly with others and the current members of the club I run there,
we're considering branching out beyond our remit of tabletop games.
We've had various "nerd"/"geek" suggestions and one which I am
considering taking forward is a linux or wider computer based evening.
This is still very much in the early stages, and I do not want to tread
on the wider KLUG toes, however due to having run one for ~4 years and
having the paperwork sorted, this is not an issue to be arranged.

As has been pointed out to me, the Uni. of Greenwich and Uni. of Kent
both offer computer related courses at the University and it could
introduce a swathe of new blood into the KLUG community at large. As it
seems fitting, I would just like to reiterate I am willing to start
organising this as soon as possible - but the more input the better, and
I would like to thank those that have already shown an interest and have
been in contact with me so far.

So:
Thoughts on a pub meet, weekend or weekday evening? Over at the campus pub?
Additionally interest in either a linux-based or wider computer "club"
that can be run at the Chatham Maritime campus?

If you would like to discuss this with me further outside of e-mail,
feel free to grab me on KLUGs IRC channel, or I am on Skype if you'd
prefer a more audible conversation - just drop me an e-mail for the
username.

~Luc