[Klug-general] Second monitor driver for LXDF setup

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 29 14:05:48 UTC 2011

Afternoon all,

I've junked WinXP on my old Tosh Satellite laptop and replaced it with
Linux. I tried a few lightweight versions but eventually settled on LXDF
from PCLinuxOS, mainly because it keeps all the simple tools I'm used to
with PCLOS KDE 4.6.

Everything works very nippily; even my Belkin PCMCIA wireless network
card under ndiswrapper.

The only thing that doesn't work is the second monitor which should be
available via a D-9 socket on the back. There is an option in
PCLOS-Control Centre/Configure Video Card/Options/Enable Duplicate
Display on Duplicate Monitor. I've reset that but still nothing visible
when I plug in a plasma screen with a D-9 plug, even after a re-boot.

I want to take this laptop to a symposium and use it to display Impress
(and Pwrpnt!) presentations via a plasma screen available in the auditorium.

Anyone any idea how that might be achieved? Is there some tweak or drive
I might try that isn't obvious to my ageing faculties?

Just thought I'd ask.

MikeR