[Klug-general] Printing from WinXP under Virtualbox

Paul Littlefield info at paully.co.uk
Thu May 26 12:52:11 UTC 2011

On 26/05/11 11:58, Michael E. Rentell wrote:
> I need a reliable system more than I desire a 64-bit system.

Here here... it's my main reason for using Linux.

> I expect the advantage over the 32-bit system will be minimal.

I run 64-bit servers for my clients and I couldn't really tell you what the difference is. They just work. (probably because they don't run any GUI or Adobe Flash :-)

> So back with PCLOS and things are fine. Still baffled by the Natty Narwhal and his new face.

Yes, my jury is still out on that one... my initial impressions of Unity are "Eeww, not sure about that!". I like the look and ideas of Gnome 3, but it's going to take a BIG benefit to pull me away from Gnome 2...

...a bit like pulling me away from my 32-bit Sony Vaio really.

:-)

Paully