[Klug-general] Printing from WinXP under Virtualbox

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Thu May 26 11:10:25 UTC 2011

Good morning all,
Just a couple of lines to say thanks to all who have responded with
suggestions to help my problem of printing from WinXP under Virtualbox
inside Ubuntu (64-bit) version 11.04 with Unity.

Unfortunately none of the suggestions helped and as I am under a bit of
a deadline to get some reports off from Sage accounts (my only reason
for running WinXP) I have reverted to PCLinuxOS 2010.2 which 'just works'.

The reasons for my original change were curiosity about Unity and a
64-bit system. Curiosity satisfied, not hugely impressed with Unity.
It's Gnome with knobs on.

I need a reliable system more than I desire a 64-bit system. One day
perhaps PCLOS will appear in 64-bit. I expect the advantage over the
32-bit system will be minimal.

So back with PCLOS and things are fine. Still baffled by the Natty
Narwhal and his new face.

MikeR