[Klug-general] rsync woes, or, version control for web-developers?

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 22:30:24 UTC 2011

I'd agree with what Karl said for trivial projects - and it's what I do
at home for little scripts and the like.  However for anything other
than programs of a page or so of code I thoroughly recommend version
control.  Which one you use on a single machine is pretty arbitrary.  I
tend to use svn because I'm used to it - but git should work just as
well.  This then solves the problem of "Oh bugger I seem to have messed
it up about three weeks ago!  Hmm, now what changes did I make three
weeks ago exactly?"  I surprise and embarrass myself with how frequently
that happens.

Mike