[Klug-general] Re-branding the 'L' in LUG

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Mon Oct 3 14:17:41 UTC 2011

On 3 October 2011 12:04, David Halliday <david.halliday at gmail.com> wrote:

> On the subject of names and acronyms how about, the Committee for the
> Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation
> Into Society?
>
> I quite like KOSUG... Despite it sounding like a foreign liqueur, illegal
> in some countries. Are there other groups out there forming from the ashes
> of LUGs?

I keep thinking about joining UKUUG but never quite get round to it.

Our aims have changed, and if we want to progress and develop we need to
change.

So what are the aims of the User Group? I think we need to make up a list
and then ensure we are doing them.

I'll start a list....

1. To encourage the Use of OS&U software within Kent and Beyond.
2. To encourage communication via a Mailing List, IRC, etc between Users and
Groups of OS&U within Kent.
3. To Organise meetings and encourage users of OS&U to meet up,
4. To inform people living within Kent about OS and encourage its use within
the area.
5. To Support other relevant Groups both within Kent and Beyond
and encourage communication between such groups.

Please feel free to give feedback, add etc. if we don't know what our aims
are we don't know if we are doing the right thing.

Peter.