[Klug-general] Ubuntu upgrade problem

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 14 12:36:25 UTC 2011

On 14/10/11 12:40, Dan Attwood wrote:

>     2.      Can't access USB from VBox now, message clip says that my
>     username should be added to vboxusers group. I could do that with
>     a gui tool under pclinuxos but don't know how to do it with ubuntu
>     - maybe a cli? I've read the various blurbs about cli's but still
>     baffled
>
> hit the windows key to bring up the dash
> type in 'groups'
> the user and groups icon will now appear, click it
>  the user settings dialog now appears
> click manage groups
>
> now you can add, delete and changes groups to your hearts content
Tried that thanks for responding (presumably from the bare ubuntu
desktop?). When I hit the windows key I get what you may call the black
dashboard of Unity. Then I ask it to search for groups and it returns
nothing.

Would this be a Unity problem?

Regarding the access to printers, I now find my other PC cannot access
printers so I thought it might be a cups problem. So I restarted that
but still nothing.

Still baffled I'm afraid - sorry.

MikeR