[Klug-general] Gnome screen switching

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 19 09:35:34 UTC 2011

Good morning all,
I've cured the glitches with the Ocelot by switching to Mint 11
(64-bit). Seems fast and useful but it is the first time I've settled on
a Gnome desktop so I'm still a bit baffled. I want 4 desktops like I
previously had in KDE and then with Unity.

I've found /menu/Preferences/Compiz Fusion Manager/General
options/Desktop size and I've set the Number of Desktops to 4 but
nothing seems to happen.

I've looked for a windows switcher button to install into the bottom
panel but can't find one.

It must be available, any advice would be welcome.

Thanks
MikeR