[Klug-general] MythTV

Peter Childs PChilds at bcs.org.uk
Wed Oct 26 10:26:35 UTC 2011

On 26 October 2011 09:50, Paul Littlefield <info at paully.co.uk> wrote:

> On 25/10/11 19:18, Karl Buckland wrote:
>
>> If the programmes are appearing separately on the EPG then you will
>> probably have to set it to record all of the parts. I'm not sure
>> there's an easy way around that.
>>

> Agreed.
>

>  I would argue that MythTV is much more intelligent than a Tivo
>>

> Oh yes, I have been using my Myth box for 3 years now and wouldn't swap it
> for a TiVo. Just the fact that I can log in and record something from
> anywhere in the world, or have it advert skip CSI: Miami in milliseconds
> each time is worth it.
>
> :-)

I've never actually had the advert autoskip work on myth, is there some
setting to make it work correctly in the UK or something.

> Which programme was it on Five?

Toy Story 2, My wife has been recording a lot of movie to entertain the kids
on rainy Saturdays and stear them off CBeebies.....

Although I do need a method to watch them on the TV down stairs other than
putting them on DVD and putting them in the DVD drive, (at the moment we
have a DVD, Virgin HD box and a Wii down stairs none of which are happy
talking to the MythServer that happens to be in the bedroom (with the desk))

> Paully

Peter.