[Klug-general] Enlightenment - finally

Ray Osmond rosmond at operamail.com
Wed Oct 26 13:16:47 UTC 2011

Re: the following from MikeR:

"Hmm, some interesting advice here and from others too - thanks. I've a
mind to try Mint 64-bit and see what that's like using standard Gnome.
My setup has an nvidia graphics card and both Ubuntu and Mint have
advised me to use the recommended non-free driver which I've done.

If the problems persist I shall have to install 32-bit and see how it
goes. Pity really because 64-bit Natty worked fine for me."

Just to let you know that I too had problems with 64-bit Linux Mint 11
so I switched to the Debian Version of Mint (LMDE).
Had initial problems with both the 32-bit version (Acer Desktop no
graphic card) and 64-bit version (Toshiba laptop ATI graphic card) e.g.
no auto login, but resolved these by reverting to gdm2 instead of gdm3
for the display manager.

Have since downloaded and installed the 2.0 edition (LMDE 201109) and
both the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version seem to be working fine,
with no real problems.

--
  Ray Osmond
  rosmond at operamail.com