[Klug-general] MySQL Clusters

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-electrical-projects.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 21:17:44 UTC 2012

On 19/04/12 19:40, Alan Buchel wrote:
> This intimates that failure (or temporary disconnection) of more than
> 1 node of 4 means the cluster just stops working?

Layout is something like this:

N1-N2

N3-N4

The same data I had duplicated on each node (N1/N2 and N3/N4) with each
one within the pair (eg N1 and N2) tied together. This allows for two
machine faults. One in each pair. Both groups have to be active. So the
cluster will fail if one complete pair fails.

> A factor of 10 (wow), means that server hardware need not be very
> highly specced, just memory I guess. Thanks Kevin, valuable research!

It was very impressive but I think it really depends on the kind of
query you are doing, like I said my ETL processes may cause issues. I
would recommend a serious look at the 'features not supported' documents
before you start. I use temp tables for example at times and they are
not supported either.

Kev,