[Klug-general] H Drive mount

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:49:33 UTC 2012

If you want to run fsck on a drive that is mounted, you can unmount it
first (as long as it isn't the root partition).
If you want to run it on the root then you will have to use a live
distribution like Knoppix.

If you have issues/worries about the drive then its worth setting it to
check at boot time in the fstab (it won't hurt to do this just slow down
booting on the occasions that the checks run).

If you want to look at grub2 in a less heavy way, there is a GUI tool (I
have read good things about it but not used it):
https://launchpad.net/grub-customizer

There is also some good documentation (prepare for a lot of reading) on the
ubuntu wiki: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2