[Klug-general] [ot] website blacklisted

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:44:46 UTC 2012

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Links to my
site on Facebook are classified as malicious by Facebook's "link shim"
mentioning surbl.org. Inputting my domain name into the surbl.org
checker says it is blacklisted and I should submit a removal request.

I feel really reluctant to do so. They want my contact details, full
address and telephone number, email headers for 'typical messages that
advertise my site' sent from my sites email address
(james at jwm-art.net) (which is subscribed to a number of development
lists and arts lists), and for me to add a page to my site detailing
my policy regarding advertising using unsolicited emails.

All this over http and without any mention of their privacy policy.
There doesn't seem to be any other way of contacting them to discuss
the problem without providing all this data. They have a moderated
'discuss' list but my subscription request as far as I know has been
ignored.

It's making me really cross. Seems like there's nothing that can be
done without submitting to them.

Cheers,
James.