[Klug-general] openssh or what?

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 17 13:28:49 UTC 2012

On 15/02/12 14:34, George Prowse wrote:
> On 15/02/2012 12:38, Michael E. Rentell wrote:
>> Thanks for that George. Now I have somewhere to start my researches.
>> I've also found that my laptop is running the PCLinuxOS version of LXDE.
>> It does have an idiot's 'drake' to get some sort of desktop sharing
>> going but it seemed to be a server and I would have thought that would
>> need to go on 'mainframe'.
>> Thanks to all for advice so far.
>> MikeR
>
> Forgot to say, "vino" is the server and you'll need a client like
> "vinagre" to connect.
>
> If you have an android phone download android-vnc-viewer so you can
> use your phone as well

To all who responded to my call for help, many thanks. Some were quite
cryptic but I think I got to understand them. One pointed me at a useful
'how-to' but when I read that, and it's 'improved' sequel, I thought
'Wow! It can't be that difficult.'

Then I got George's email about vino and vinagre and found that my
'mainframe' already had vino installed and it took but a minute to load
up vinagre on laptop. And they worked first time - exactly as I had hoped.

So here is a satisfied old chap who now knows a little more about Linux.
Can't be bad. Well done all.
MikeR
in Folkestone