[Klug-general] wanted: db advice/crashcourse for helping clean cracked wp site

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 20:57:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've offered to help clean up a word press site which has been
targetted by the pharmacy style hacks. Something like this:

http://redleg-redleg.blogspot.com/2011/02/pharmacy-hack.html

I've got ssh access and have been removing instances of base64
obfuscated code from various files in the site. I think I've tracked
it all down but am worried about how it got there (though suspect use
of ftp is to blame).

Anyway, I need a bit of a crash course in mysql (i presume that's
what's used) as I want to make sure the database is clean... Can
anyone give advice or examples of queries that will help in this task?

thanks,
James.