[Klug-general] Linux Audio

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Thu Jan 12 12:54:10 UTC 2012

Does anyone have a better clue than me on Audio Under Linux.

I ideally want to be able to record/sample, then stream and analyse the
sound.

I think GStreamer should be the right weapon but it seams over complex if
you want to do anything more than write a simple client using the
filters/plugins already available.

There seams to be so many Audio Libraries around, that I just keep drawing
blanks.

If something is better than GStreamer then I'll use that, People excel the
virtues of Jack but I've never got that working......

Does anyone know enough to be able to do a talk maybe?

Peter.