[Klug-general] Update: MCES, and KLUG relations

Luc Tidy luc.tidy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 00:58:13 UTC 2012

To all,

My apologies for not mailing to the list lately, work has been hectic of
late and I've finally have enough caffeine in me to get this sorted. But
enough of me rambling, onto the matter at hand.

The discussions regarding a Medway Computer Engineering Society [MCES]
based over at the Universities at Medway has been progressing. at a
reasonable pace. I have provided a web presence in the form of
http://comeng.co.uk including a Facebook group, Twitter, Mailing list,
and IRC channel (links on the website).

Having brought on a number of staff at the University, as well as two
mailshots to all the School of Engineering (wherein the Computer &
Communications department is situated) students, we are having our
inaugural meeting tomorrow, Monday 12th March 2012 5pm-6pm in the Nelson
building. I know this is short notice, but I would invite those of KLUG
if they would like to come along. Regardless I will be making the
outcome of the meeting available across these platforms.

Part of this endeavour is that MCES will be having days out and the
like, which is certainly something I would like your input on as those
that have organised meetings cross Kent.

~Luc