[Klug-general] Mouse & Keyboard X issue on Squeeze.

James Earll jearll16 at hushmail.com
Fri Mar 30 03:23:28 UTC 2012

Dear All,

I booted my Acer 4736ZG into Debian Squeeze this morning only to
find that the on-board touchpad and keyboard basically do nothing.
Thankfully, I have an external USB mouse and USB wireless keyboard
that auto-mount and work fine when plugged in - but it is becoming
most annoying carting all this around everyday.

The keyboard works OK if I boot into recovery mode, which suggests
an issue with X, udev or evdev. I have tried several suggestions
out there (listed in the attached files) but to no avail.

Any help would be much obliged. Attached are the log files from
X.org and the xorg.conf file.

Thank you!

James