[Klug-general] Games

jwm.art.net at gmail.com jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Thu May 3 08:18:20 UTC 2012

I installed CrunchBang Linux on my parents rather old 2nd hand desktop PC. The difference in time from switch-on to being usable between the two systems is amazing. The hard drive goes crazy with windows loading virus and anti-spyware etc etc.  Even my sister said she started to like using Linux. My Mum does not like it but that's because she is used to AOHELL. I installed XFCE for her so hopefully the desktop icons and menus etc make her feel more comfortable with it than openbox. I also gave them passwordless logins via pam/gdm. I'm the admin of the system and am not going to try and explain installing software to them and in that way I'm glad to not have to worry about them installing any old crap a popup points them to.

James
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange