[Klug-general] Meeting Themes

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-electrical-projects.co.uk
Sun May 6 07:50:32 UTC 2012

OK I have a few ideas for the media one that I will start to flesh out
for talks (and of course I don't mind if the content goes on the website
too which can help for those not able to attend):

Gimp
Inkscape
Scribus
Photo viewers
Animation (Blender and stop frame animation)
Painting
Scanning
Music players
Sound capture/editors
MIDI
Printing (installing, and for geeks, the inners of Postscript)

Maybe other topics for other talks:

Pentaho BI/ETL
Databases (MySQL, DB2, Interbase/Firebird)
PERL
CRM systems
Office applications
Arduino/PIC

May be more will come to me once I get going. A handy tip if you are
planning to do a talk, I know that six pages of 1.5 lined text I can
present in around 45min. I am going to aim for around although would
want to present for no longer than half an hour, but it gives some slack.

Good luck
Kev