[Klug-general] New battery problem

Michael E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Thu May 31 08:43:43 UTC 2012

My mate in America has emailed me thus:

'I bought a new laptop battery, and it's already been through a few
charge/discharge cycles. The battery monitor shows the % of charge
correctly, but it shows 0:00 hrs:mins remaining (or 0:00 to full charge)
all the time, and the low battery warning window is always on the
desktop. If I close it, it reopens. With the old battery, the time
remaining and the low battery warning worked fine.

How do I get Linux to learn about the new battery, or to reset, or
whatever is needed?'

He asks if y'all have any helpful ideas?  I think he is running Mint 11.

MikeR