[Klug-general] routing on smoothwall

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 21:29:12 UTC 2012

Right  the gw needs to be on the local network hence

If your lan is 192.168.1.*

Your default gateway might be 192.168.1.254

If you have a second gateway on 192.168.1.253 you only want to use for
accessing 10.20.244.2 you can route the packets with

Route add -net 10.20.244.2 netmask 255.255.255.255 gw 192.168.1.253

In otherwords you want the smoothwall box on this side not the otherwise.

The smoothwall box on the others side may need to know where to forward
incoming messages to. ...

Or as least I think that's what you want. ...

Peter

Peter