[Klug-general] Kent LUG is alive!

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Thu Feb 21 20:15:11 UTC 2013

Maybe its time to encorage other forms of meet. We have irc but its deathly
quite and this list has only got busy over the last week.....

We went through a stage of having pub meets in Maidstone once.

Ive heard nothing from Jake at Faversham lug in the last couple of years
and medway prototype has basically died since before we lost the room.

I had a look at openconference a few weeks ago. Would some kind of web
based conferencing be used. Basically to try and engage better
communication.

I did hear somthing from someone at medway universities a few months back
so maybe that's worth looking at.

Part of the issue is our high venue requirements. Ie easy to get to, free,
and has Internet access.

Peter
 Yes it's a struggle at the moment finding venues that are free. Dan is
looking at one for me, I had thought Maidstone Library were out of the
running but suddenly I've heard from them after a month or so and they can
now do it for free I think. They want me to visit to discuss but seeing I'm
in east Kent and they wanted to do this during the working week that is not
going to happen. I need to sort out one Saturday instead to go up to see
them so that may be in the next month or so as I don't tend to go that part
of the county often.

Other than that no other venue options so no meets can be planned until we
have some. :-(

Will keep my ear to the ground. Hopefully might get a chance to network
over this weekend as I'm mentoring for work's EPIK coding weekend so if I
can find any other locations then I will give them a go.

Kev

On 21/02/13 16:24, Dan Attwood wrote:

we're working on it!