[Klug-general] Kent LUG is alive!

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 20:35:45 UTC 2013

On 21/02/13 20:14, Peter Childs wrote:

> Maybe its time to encorage other forms of meet. We have irc but its
> deathly quite and this list has only got busy over the last week.....

IRC could be worth a go but textual forms can be confusing. I
teach/lecture a lot in both voice and textual form and it takes tighter
control for text. Not impossible but has its problems.

> We went through a stage of having pub meets in Maidstone once.

Yes. I never went to any of those but I think they were OK.

> I had a look at openconference a few weeks ago. Would some kind of web
> based conferencing be used. Basically to try and engage better
> communication.

Quite agree there. You have a point. I know we tried some forms but the
scale is the key, some of them failed when more came in. I will take a
look at that tech, what did you think of it?

> I did hear somthing from someone at medway universities a few months
> back so maybe that's worth looking at.

That went quiet.

> Part of the issue is our high venue requirements. Ie easy to get to,
> free, and has Internet access.

Yes we do have high requirements. When I can get my act together at work
we can make use of those offices with lots of room, although lacking
projector.

Kev,