[Klug-general] Sony DVR & CPU Load on huffingtonpost.co.uk

Paul Lawrence paul.z.lawrence at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 23 10:20:04 UTC 2013

Thanks Karl,

I don't leave the laptop running (a venerable, pre-owned IBM X41 running Ubuntu 12.04) for days and days.

Problem seems to be just the huffington home page. Pick another page and the load drops significantly. The pages don't make the browser unstable. Yup, Tools > Task Manager shows Shockwave Flash running at about 80% ...  to do with media (and there is a lot) and frequent updates and/or some kind of page error. Not really a prob. Just a passing observation for filing away.
VBR
Paul