[Klug-general] linux-like geekiness on android tablet

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Sat Mar 16 11:50:54 UTC 2013

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 10:16:02 +0000
Paul Littlefield <info at paully.co.uk> wrote:

> On 15/03/13 22:46, james morris wrote:
> > the XDA Developers website. All that use of coloured text in big
> > font sizes and capitalizations.. It's enough to make me vomit.
>
> Tell me about it.
>
> I have joined in order to root and backup my phone but the styling of
> the web site is truly awful.
>
> Good content, but it takes an age to find anything.

I'm currently active on the forum as I've managed to delete the 'google
store' app somehow on my sony miro! Hopefully I can install a newer
version of it which will stop me going down the route of doing a
factory reset to defaults, and all the anguish that will cause. I've
found their advice in the past to be quite good, but you do need to be
specific as to what you've done to get to the present point.

> I have an average of 10 browser tabs open from the same site in order
> to find 1 piece of infomation.

I know the feeling, and the site searches aren't that good I’ve
found.

> TIP: when rooting or roming your phone, read the instructions. Then
> read them again. Then do it.
>
> :)
>
> So far, so good...

:)

Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian Wheezy, LXDE 2, LibreOffice 4.0.1