[Klug-general] linux-like geekiness on android tablet

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Sat Mar 16 15:04:55 UTC 2013

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 13:41:15 +0000
Paul Littlefield <info at paully.co.uk> wrote:

> On 16/03/13 11:50, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> > I'm currently active on the forum as I've managed to delete the
> > 'google store' app somehow on my sony miro! Hopefully I can install
> > a newer version of it which will stop me going down the route of
> > doing a factory reset to defaults, and all the anguish that will
> > cause. I've found their advice in the past to be quite good, but
> > you do need to be specific as to what you've done to get to the
> > present point
>
> I have the Google Play Store .apk file if you want it.

I've tried versions 3.10.10 which kept crashing, and now trying 3.9.16
which is unloadable. I suspect that the playstore app is very tightly
tied into something at a deep level which isn’t happening when I’m
reinstalling it. Its looking more and more like I'm going to have to do
a factory reset, unfortunately!

Thanks all the same.

Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian Wheezy, LXDE 2, LibreOffice 4.0.1