[Klug-general] TalkTalk

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Wed Nov 13 14:17:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 09:16:46 +0000
Gavin Coles <gavin at indie-it.com> wrote:

> Hi Sharon,
>
> I don't know if this is any use but it is worth a look:
>
> http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/mrtg.htm

I'd forgotten 'mrtg', which I've played with in the past. I might well
set that up again at the weekend, thanks.

> Oh the joys of TalkTalk, spent three and a half hours on the phone
> for a client last week trying to get a similar issue fixed.  Ask to
> speak to the fault rectification team not technical support who to
> put it politely are not of much use.

I've made a note of that for future use, thanks.

> Is there any reason you are with TalkTalk that would stop you moving
> to a provider?  If not may I recommend Plus.net, the support staff
> don't follow prompt sheets and the few times I've had to call them (I
> have thirty or so client using them) have always sorted issues
> promptly.

I get my phone, broadband and my mobile [a samsung galaxy 3] from
them, so would be looking for certainly the first two from a new
supplier. I've been with them since before they took over tiscali, and
haven't bothered to change as its been simpler to stay with the
status quo. But now you've started me thinking about reducing my
outgoings and the monthly amount that I pay to talktalk, so I'll
investigate further, thanks.

Sharon.
my git repo = https://github.com/boudiccas/dots
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 561944