[Klug-general] hosting your own wordpress

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 18:01:17 UTC 2013

> 1) Register a free yourdomain.dyndns.org and get any device on your
> network to keep it updated with changes, usually the router has a
> facility for this, but Linux also has loads like dd-client or ipcheck.

What this option. I have a dyndns free account and now it appears I have
to go to a web site each month to keep the account live. Previously the
dd-client was fine but they say they are preventing them from working
now to force you to go to them where they try and sell you the paid
account. Not a problem and you do get an email a week before to remind
you. If the host is important to you then you will most likely need to pay.

Kev