[Klug-general] hosting your own wordpress

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 21:20:42 UTC 2013

Kev
>> Good point Kev. Might be worth checking out afraid.org which look
>> like they are not going to turn to naggers anytime soon - they use
>> freebsd after all ;)  A
> Ah, whats more the DNS update is done with wget or curl, no more
> proprietary client software! I also read it's best to use only those
> domains ownded by the dev, the funky third party ones are liable to
> failure.

I've used afraid.org before and they work but not many routers have them
as an option and so relies on another box to do the wget which is why I
switched from them to dyndns.  I will see how it goes. To be honest for
me its not important and if I have to switch to a new host name then
fine I only use it for OpenVPN connection and external adhoc Minecraft
server and its not used that often.