[Klug-general] Relocating my blog?

Laurence Southon laurence at southon.uk.net
Wed Oct 16 17:14:53 UTC 2013

On 14/10/13 23:56, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> I can install wordpress from the debian repo, which will also pull in
> php5, mysql, and apache2, thereby filling all the requirements.

You can install the Debian package, but I'd advise against doing that.

Because of Debian policy you will lose some WP functionality, eg
installing plugins from the WP backend cannot be done as the plugin
files must be put in place by root. There are other annoyances that I
cannot remember.

Even if you don't want any plugins now, you probably will later.

Installing from source is not difficult, and is very well documented:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

LS
--
Laurence Southon