[Klug-general] Backup drive

Thomas Edward Groves teg451013 at freeuk.com
Sun Oct 20 05:06:49 UTC 2013

I use a usb enclosure on a hard drive and keep in a magnetic media fire safe on my desk.

The cons are: usb is slow and the fire safe was quite pricey (from Staples).

My feeling is that it's best to have a multi-way backup regime.
So: on the base unit the second hd is used for backup on a one letter alias (to rsync)
then the usb drive whenever I think of it.
Add the cloud and anything that loses your data probably means you're dead too.

Tom