[Klug-general] xorg woes

Paul Lenton lentonp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 21:15:10 UTC 2014

On 16/12/14 19:37, jwmartnet . wrote:
> Is there an /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d directory?

There's not. I did try to make one but that didn't help anything,
although it did remain persistent across reboots.

> Perhaps try putting your configuration files in there? Although that
> is now IIUC the preferred method for configuration, deletion of the
> config seems a little draconian... Is an Nvidia settings program
> running with SU privileges at boot and overwriting your config?
I'm not sure on this one to be honest. How would I go about checking if
that were the case?

> I don't have a /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, it isn't needed anymore (may
> not be true for Debian) but three files in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d:
> 00-keyboard.conf to set keymap, 00-serverflags.conf, and
> 20-nvidia.conf.
>
> James
Which distro are you using? I just tried to download a newer version of
the driver in the hopes that that would fix things, but all it actually
did is eat whatever bit of the kernel that controls usb devices!