[Klug-general] answer to my FOI request from Kent County Coucil

Jo Sharrad jo at sharrad.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 20:53:04 UTC 2014

I think the first problem is a bit of mixed messages.

The FOI was concerning all of KCC, whereas you mention the KCC FOI but
mainly speak of libraries, what would you like us to discuss, small
migration or a large migration. Obviously both have different problems that
arise.

In 2004 I, so so long ago!!, moved a school of 800 students plus 100 staff
over the course of a year from all Windows to all (apart a small minority)
to Linux, server and client, moving to Linux servers as I mentioned before
was easy and the end-user knew no difference, moving to Linux clients was a
completely different matter.  Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Cheers,

Jo