[Klug-general] How does Kent County Council select software?

Jonathan Kaye jdkaye at riseup.net
Fri Sep 19 07:40:58 UTC 2014

Dan Attwood wrote on 19/09/14 08:17:
> ok i'll bite:
>
> " Why someone would buy proprietary software of extremely poor quality"
>
> why is Windows 7 of extremely poor quality?

Bloated, buggy, virus prone. There's extensive documentation on this
topic. For a more extensive treatment from a former MS employee I'd
suggest /After the Software Wars/ by Keith Curtis. I wasn't referring to
Windows 7 in particular (sorry if I gave that impression) and perhaps
the most obvious objection is the cost. I'm mainly concerned with who
makes the decisions about software for publicly funded institutions and
what arguments are given for the choice in question.
Jonathan